This post contains affiliate links.
With over 5 million drivers globally and completing more than 15 million trips daily, it's clear that Uber is the transport company of choice but do you know that an uber ride price can differ? Have you ever wondered how much a 20-minute Uber ride costs?
A 20-minute Uber ride can cost between $11 and $54, depending on your city and the type of Uber you choose. One factor influencing a ride in an Uber is the time of day – rush hour rides are more expensive. Another factor is the car class – Uber Black SUV being the most expensive.
Students, professionals, and everyone without their vehicle depend greatly on public transport and transport options such as Uber. Surely then, the rides and prices should all be the same? That's not the case due to the many diverse factors influencing a ride. So, let's see how much a 20-minute Uber ride will cost in your city.
How Much Does A Uber Cost Per Minute?
An estimated average uber cost per minute is $0.40. Depending on where you are and what uber class you take will determine how much the uber will cost per minute.
Also, depending on traffic and if you need to make a quick stop before your destination, the Uber's meter will keep running and make your uber ride cost more per minute.
Los Angeles Uber rate examples
|Cost Per Minute||Cost Per Mile||Minimum Fare||Base Fare|
How Much Does A 20-Minute Ride Cost In Uber Comfort
Uber comfort focuses more on your space and comfort. A 20-minute Uber ride with Uber comfort will cost about $19 – $23. They have newer medium-sized cars.
You pay a bit extra for a more experienced driver who has more eligibility, such as having completed at least 500 trips and maintaining a minimum of a 4.85 rating. They must be driving a car manufactured within the past 7 years.
How Much Does A 20-Minute Ride Cost In An UberXL
Uber XL is perfect when you and your friend group want to go out. A 20-minute Uber ride with Uber XL will cost about $19 – $24.
They have large vehicles that can hold up to six passengers even though you're not limited to passengers. Uber XL is also useful if you need to transport luggage or other large items that won't fit in other Ubers
How Much Does A 20-minute Uber Ride Cost In An Uber Black?
Uber Black is a luxury service for a more grand entry. A 20-minute Uber ride with Uber Black will cost about $32 – $42. Imagine the perfect Uber ride, space, temperature, luggage room, and even the conversation with your driver.
Are Uber Rides Affected By The Time Of Day?
Uber rides are affected by the time of day. Ubers will be more expensive in the mornings and afternoons than in the middle of the day. This is because people usually go to work and get off of work at this time, so Ubers will make more money if they heighten their prices.
Quite a few people use Uber to get to work because buses may be too slow and they might be late and or don't have time to waste, so they take Uber to get there on time, and for that reason, Uber makes prices higher when people get off and go to work knowing people have to take it.
They tend to make the prices cheaper while everyone is at work, so they know people who aren't at work or don't need Ubers urgently will take the ride.
Other Factors That Can Influence A 20-Minute Uber
A few interesting factors can determine a change in the trip fare price for your 20-minute Uber.
- Having a new, unrated profile can make your trip more expensive. Having a good driver rating is important because it tells the next driver you are a safe passenger.
- Gas prices will certainly influence the cost of a 20-minute Uber trip. When gas prices go up or down, the trip prices get adjusted.
- If Uber runs a special promotion like a 20% or 50% discount, your trip price will be discounted accordingly.
- If you frequently cancel confirmed trips, Uber will charge you a surcharge, and your trips may cost more for a determined time.
- The seasonal change may also see a price variation; for example, winter may be more costly than spring because the driver may turn up the car heater which will use more gas.
How Much Does A Uber Ride Cost In My City?
Uber prices depend on your city and the Uber you're taking. Here are some examples of prices of what your uber might cost in your city:
1. Los Angeles, California: If you live in Los Angeles, California, you can expect your 20-minute uber ride to cost the following:
- Uber X will cost about $11 – $14 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber Comfort will cost about $14 -$18 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber XL will cost about $17 -$22 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber Black will cost about $32 – $42 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber SUV will cost about $44 – $54 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber Select will cost about $26 – $32 for a 20-minute ride
These prices may change due to traffic or discounts.
2. New York City: If you live in New York City, you can expect your 20-minute uber ride to cost the following:
- Uber X will cost about $17 – $18 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber Comfort will cost about$18 – $19 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber XL will cost about $18 – $20 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber Black will cost about $28 – $31 for a 20-minute ride
- Uber SUV will cost about $38 – $40 for a 20-minute ride
Examples Of Uber Prices In Houston, Texas
|Booking Fee||Base Fee||Cost Per mile||Cost Per Minute||Minimum Charge||Cancellation Fee|
Due to the variable factors that influence Uber rides daily, it is difficult to determine how much an Uber ride will cost daily and in different cities. Even if you have a set route, you travel daily, and there are no set prices.
The best advice is to check your trip prices daily and, if possible, schedule and book a trip in advance to secure a good price for your 20-minute Uber ride share trip.